What do you call an instant ticket to the psych ward? 5 kids home during summer break.
Michael said to me the other day, "Mom, did you know if something seems hard you shouldn't feel bad? All you have to do is learn how to do it." He was referring to school but that needs to be applied to my life on a daily basis.
Here is a picture of Michael with his new horse. He asked for it and I told him he could get it if he quit sucking his thumb. One month later he was thumb free and I was paying too much money for that horse. (I have no idea what that brown mark is in the middle of his head, it's not a bruise and I don't know how to edit it)
Michael said to me the other day, "Mom, did you know if something seems hard you shouldn't feel bad? All you have to do is learn how to do it." He was referring to school but that needs to be applied to my life on a daily basis.
Here is a picture of Michael with his new horse. He asked for it and I told him he could get it if he quit sucking his thumb. One month later he was thumb free and I was paying too much money for that horse. (I have no idea what that brown mark is in the middle of his head, it's not a bruise and I don't know how to edit it)
Max has been up in the wee hours of the morning this past week. He's had speed camp and football camp. He and Michael weren't too happy when I told them they had to go to summer school. It wasn't' as bad as they thought it would be.
Maggie is still "all that and more". Constantly making messes, getting lost, and being her cute princess self. Loved it when Michael and Maggie got their bug catching nets and when for a hunt.
Claire has learned to climb on chairs and onto the kitchen counter. I thought I'd trick her by pushing the chair in. Little good did that do, here she is trying to make her way up.
Andy and some of his co-workers rode the Tour de Cure on Saturday. Way to go Andy. You looked hot in your biking outfit.
I love my little flower garden this summer. It's nothing spectacular but I just like it. Flower gardens are wonderful because you do simple things like weeding and they don't turn into a mess 10 minutes after caring for it.
8 comments:
love the garden.
am in the same boat with all the kiddos around.
summer... here we go!
aciti - j
I always said "Summer is the best birth control on the planet!!" And I blog more in the summer than at any other time because I have to take pictures instead of go insane!!! Good luck girl.. You sure have a cute family and a great talent with blogging about it too :)
I'll meet you in the psych ward say around...mid July?
My word verification was hello
Do they have a pool at the psyche ward?
Your garden looks lovely.
I'm glad you have one mellow kid in the bunch.
My word verification is dingi...
Sums it up nicely.
Loved your blog photos and commentary!! :)
We missed you yesterday. I just rode up for the day. Great update.
Your garden is so pretty! I am cracking up about Michael's thing on his forehead! You are too funny. I can't imagine summer at home with 5 kids, I am already having anxiety about my soon to be 2!! Good thing yours are such nice kids. Hey is Andy playing church softball again this summer? Cory is and we'll be going to the Friday night games so maybe we'll see you there!!
Want another confession? My confession blog sucked because my husband came in while I was typing away about my mother-in-law. I hurried and wrapped things up and hit 'post'.
Well - the reason I did the whole no bread diet was because I was sick & having stomach issues and found out I don't digest gluten (found in wheat, etc.) well. It's called Celiac Disease. I can still eat oats, rice, and corn products without it affecting my digestive system. So, it wasn't for a lose weight thing. Even though, at this point I'd consider Anorexia to lose some pounds.
BTW - you kick ass for all of your weight loss. :)
Post a Comment