Monday, December 3, 2007

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...

NOT! The other day I was thinking about the day-to-day activities I do. If someone I didn't know were to follow me around for the day, they would think that these are my favorite things...

1. Dishes, laundry, house cleaning. Okay, that's a given.
2. Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse Club House, Dora, etc.
3. Radio Disney, it's on ALL the time in the car. When a HS Musical 2 comes on, I am Troy, Maggie is Gabriella.
4. Looking down and watching the varicose and spider veins grow on my legs.
5. Telling Max 100 times to get into the car for school or reminding him 100 times to do his homework.
6. Playing the "what" game. My kids will say "Mom?" I'll say "what?" Then they say "you're it!" I am at the point where I tell them I'll be "it" for the rest of the day so I won't have to play anymore.

In reality, I do have a few favorite things. I have permanent favorite things that I enjoy all the time. I also have little things I enjoy in my state of pregnancy....

1. Sleeping and going back to bed when the boys go to school.
2. Laying on my bed and watching TV. I am into those Hallmark Christmas movies. I only watch those when the kids go to bed. Otherwise, it's Little Einsteins, Hannah Montana, etc.
3. Salads. Nothing to exotic, just lots of vegetables.
4. My Prenatal Cradle Plus. Seriously, this attractive gadget has saved my back.
5. Chicken Soft Tacos from Taco Time.

It's those little favorite things in life that makes the day-to-day routine a little more exciting.

1 comment:

Annemarie said...

This is so classic! It makes me think of my fav/not-so-fav things..we lead such posh lives...