This is where the constitution was first read.
December 4th to 8th, Andy and I went to Rhode Island. Two days were spent in RI, one full day was spent in Boston. The best vacation I've been on. Here's a recap of the adventures...
Tuesday: We barely make it on the plane. I start panicking because I didn't bring any food with me. "What if my blood sugar drops? What if I get so hungry I start heaving? Wait!!! What is this? A screen right in front of me? Oh my gosh, where have I been? I can watch a movie or watch satellite TV on this flight!!! Oh blessed everything good that comes from above, it's my lucky day!" What a great flight. I survived just fine with my little snack on the plane.
Wednesday: Andy has a meeting all day. This is my chance to go see Rhode Island. Instead, I decide to sleep in a little. 8 am, I wake up, go back to sleep. 10 am, wake up, just can't get out of bed. 12:30 pm, wake up, decide that I probably should eat so I get started for the day. I get bundled up to walk to the mall. HOLY COW, it's FREEZING outside!!! The day consisted of eating and shopping. What more does a girl need?
Thursday: Andy has a half day of meetings. I sleep and wait for him to get back. The rest of the day is spent eating, shopping, and going to the movies. We saw Dan in Real Life. We were the only ones in the theatre. Andy saw three movies that day, I saw the one, and shopped til I dropped.
Friday: Our big day in Boston. We ride the commuter rail into the city. Amazing city! So much history. It's snowing and we are taking this city on by foot. Let's also remember that I am dragging two others inside of me as we walk around. I would say the 9 hours we spent in Boston, 6 of them consisted of walking. We visited two cemeteries and two historic buildings. We found our way over to an aquarium. By this time I was shot. Andy was fascinated with the marine life as I tried to find the nearest seat in the aquarium. We finished off the aquarium by watching an IMAX about whales. Needless to say, we both fell asleep watching the movie. After the movie we got something to eat and made our way back to the train station. Did I mention is was COLD there? The train ride was interesting, Andy listened to his iPod, I listened to a conversation between two business men. I wanted to give one of the guys a knuckle sandwich as he mentioned how hot some girl was on the train but then mentioned his devotion to his wife.
Saturday: Prepared our luggage and headed back home. Unfortunately, I didn't have my own personal TV screen but did watch a movie on the way home.
One of my favorite things about taking a vacation in the winter was that I was bundled up most of the time. I had to wear a hat and coat wherever I went. This meant that I didn't have to worry about fashion or hair. Plus, if I took off my hat, most women had hat-head as well.
One of my least favorite things about this vacation was that it was SO COLD!!! Site seeing wasn't that enjoyable. Although, it gave me a great excuse to sleep!
When we got home, I looked in the sink and saw a pile of dishes that needed to be done. My glorious vacation was over but the time away was worth every dish in the sink!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment