Monday, March 4, 2013

The Shoe Saga

Oh, when was it, about two months ago? Maybe 6 weeks ago? Maggie called me from the school. "Mom", she said, " I need you to bring me a pair of shoes. I lost my shoe in the snow." I replied,"What? You lost your shoe in the snow? Maggie, how do you lose your shoe in the snow? You really need me to bring you shoes?" I was baffled, how does one lose their shoe in the snow? Let's say one is playing in the snow (which I never do). She takes a step, lifts up her foot, then notices her shoe is off. Turns around and takes her shoe out of the snow. I guess it isn't as logical as I think everything should be. The thing is about Maggie is that she didn't have a great pair of shoes until this pair. Her shoes would last, maybe, two days. I would never think to spend money on a Nike shoe, Santa brought it to her. Just that morning, no joke, I thought to myself, "these are awesome shoes. Maggie knows how to tie her shoes. These shoes have lasted more than one day." So I was a little ticked that her shoes was missing. That afternoon I went back to the school, with a snow shovel, determined to find the shoe. Wasn't as easy as I thought, she couldn't remember where she lost it. She kept going from place to place as I followed her with the shovel. It was useless. In order to get the shoe back before Spring, I bribed her class to find her shoe. I told them I'd give them a pizza party. About a week later, Maggie found the shoe. Fortunately, I saved myself money by buying the class suckers. Now we can't find the other shoe....... I'm done!

1 comment:

Janae' said...

I have a daughter just like that! Her name is Brianna :) UGH.