
A little surprise came to our neighborhood last Thursday night, a sweet colt. Something about this little gift from God brings me joy when I see it everyday. I've experienced giving birth and watching a newborn grow, but I have never seen a colt. I am amazed that this new horse can stand up, run a little, and sleep on its side. I love watching the mother keep her eye on her new offspring. She stands there, quietly, and watches it for hours on end.
The twins have always loved the horses. They come in the Spring and leave in the Fall. This year I bought a big bag of carrots from Costco so we could get to know them better (I'm not even a horse fan). Unlike past summers, the girls haven't been afraid of them. My favorite picture is of Kate petting the new colt. How the mom didn't interfere, I'm not sure. What a fun experience for us.

2 comments:
That little colt is SO CUTE!
I didn't know there were horses over that way! Like a petting zoo pretty much? Lucky! That's so sweet!
Post a Comment