Thursday, June 2, 2011

6 to 7


Look who is finishing 6th grade and is moving onto Jr. High. It's really weird. They do grow up! I have LOVED this school year with Max. He's had an amazing teacher, he's gotten his friend niche, and he's been a great kid! I'm not saying this to make you look at my son with rose colored glasses. You know I'm not "my life is perfect" type of blogger. When I write about how proud I am of him, it's because I've gone through up and downs with this guy and so I am VERY PROUD of him!

Max went to the movie on Saturday with his friend. I don't think we've done the "drop off" thing yet but I was okay with it. I didn't think much about it. Later on in the day I asked him how the movie went he told me that he and his friend WALKED HOME from the theater. Wha? He thought it was fun walking home. I laughed because I was totally shocked that he didn't have a ride home. Did we miss the memo somewhere? He and his little buddy walked through the busiest part of town. I guess his friend forgot his phone. I'm glad he got home okay. I'm still surprised.

The other day I took Max to the dentist to get his cavity filled. The dentist asked "so what's going on Max?" Max casually answered, "well, I haven't hit puberty yet." The dentist busted up laughing, I did as well. I quickly mentioned to the dentist that I didn't realize that this was a part of Max's conversation material. Where did this come from?

Max is quite proud when he takes off his shirt to show his friends that he has no armpit hair. Thanks for sharing!

So happy to have Max in my life. I appreciate his sense of humor and the hard work he's put into succeeding. I'm off to get a tissue....

4 comments:

Gretchie Love said...

Max Rocks ! Proud of him too !!

Misty said...

Funny cause my son took off his shirt to show me his 2 armpit hairs. Good times.

Emily said...

I thought when you said 6 to 7 that you were going to announce a pregnancy.... :)

Go Max!! He's AWESOME!

Katie said...

He sounds like an awesome kid! Way to go, Alison!