Monday, April 11, 2011

The Truth Will Set Me Free


First Truth: I hate Spring Break. Several reasons why I dislike it. Most people go to all these exotic places when we usually stay home. My kids don't have friends to play with because most of them are on vacation. My kids see all these kids go to fun places and they want to go too. I feel pressure to become their vacation planner. We aren't in the position to take a family of 7 on a big trip. Everyone who lives in our community that stays home manages to go to the same places we go, hence crowds galore. When Spring Break is finally over I see and hear about everyone's great vacation. It sucks. Period.

Second Truth: I'm tired. I had to work a double during General Conference. Though some believed doubles were not manageable, I proved them wrong. I kicked some serious butt! Totally did a double. The only problem was the day after the double I was BEAT! I slept all day. It's easy to sleep all day when you have no children but with 5 of them at home, I still have responsibilities.

Third Truth: None of my kids have had croup. That was until the day after the double. After 12 years, Kate was the first. I thought that she was choking on something and she was barely breathing so I raced her to the ER at 1 AM. The person next to us was dying so I was in the ER from 1-5 AM. When I checked out of the ER, I learned that I was out of network!! $200 was my co pay, gulp!

Fourth Truth: I do not take cocaine. I applied for a new job. It all looked pretty good. They asked me to take a drug test. I told them before that I take prescribed medication that might show up in the urine sample. Sure enough it showed up....as cocaine!!! I called the manager to explain that it might be a mistake. He didn't seem to want to hear it and told me he will find someone else if the results don't come back soon. Of course they came back clear. What a blow though to be judged right off as a drug user.

We took the kids up to Park City and they had a blast. They were so happy it didn't matter they didn't go to Disneyland. All they needed was a pool and they were fine. They did so much anyway, there wasn't complaining.

For me though, it was a tough week. If you ask me face to face, I will tell you it was the best Spring Break ever! If you read this blog, you will know the truth, and the truth will set me free!

4 comments:

Misty said...

Spring break is usually the exact same for us. I totally understand. And we're old pro's at croup around here so just call me next time. So did you get the job afterall, Miss cocaine user?

Emily said...

How did the job interview go? And don't worry, I already knew you used cocaine. If you need a reference just give them my number.

Emily said...

Blogs are great for blowing off the steam. Spring Break pales compared to summer. Don't know if that statement means good or bad...

Chin up. It could be worse, like if you REALLY did use cocaine.

Peggy said...

Ah! the joys of parenthood.