
What a whirlwind of a month! Two deaths and two funerals certainly put a freeze on my "normal" life. The last thing I needed was that dang cold I had. From what I heard, it's supposedly this flu that's going around. It starts with serious pain in the throat and chest. I struggled with that thing for a week and a half. Makes me feel like a big baby. The cough didn't turn out to be the big problem. My body has changed. I'm feeling older. Feeling like I might be needing to buy myself some Depends. Every time I cough, I pee my pants! Oh hell, is really all I can say about it. I'm at work, my bladder is full, I don't really feel it yet, and BAM, I cough. How do you think I look every time I cough and have to cross my legs? I'm not really accepting of this problem but there's not much I can do about it, except get some diapers. Perhaps, surgery will be a part of my future but I'll put that on hold. (hold, get it?)
Speaking of diapers, Claire has been going potty on the toilet. I've worked on it for about 5 days now. I still don't think she "gets it", meaning she can't feel like she's gotta go and then just tell me. I still remind her all day long. The first day I started, I wanted to put the diaper back on about 50 times but then I remembered that I am so tired of diapers. I am tired of wet beds. I'm ready for a raise. So we just keep plugging along. Kate isn't close to potty training. Once I've got Claire down, I'll work on her.
So much excitement around here. Feel free to come over and join me.
4 comments:
If I come over, can I have some Laffy Taffy?
Just remember to keep plenty of treats on hand...for YOU!
Don't forget to do your daily kegels. lol I still have to cross my legs sometimes. I like to blame it on having three kids in three years. :)
Thank you for addressing a VERY REAL AND SCARY SUBJECT OF MIDDLE AGE .
And yes, I want to come over. But we can't laugh too hard, or, you know... he(ll), break out the depends and lets just move on!!
Post a Comment